Electrical engineer develops and tests lighting systems, electronic products, and systems for a wide range of projects.
Electrical engineer applies the principles of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism to develop electrical products and systems. They perform risk assessments and ensure compliance with safety standards and electrical engineering codes. They also conduct research to create new applications.
On a daily basis, the electrical engineer will carry out various engineering tasks, such as performing calculations to ensure our systems meet the global safety standards and collaborating with engineering, estimating, account executives and manufacturing to solve emerging issues. You will also be hands-on in the fabrication processes of the displays and elements constructed.
The electrical engineer will work closely with other departments on projects to ensure they are completed successfully from start to finish.
- Design and implement lighting and electrical systems
- Develop manufacturing processes according to global engineering codes and standards
- Manage engineering projects and deliver them on time
- Define customer needs and requirements
- Ensure that installations and applications are in line with customer needs and safety standards
- Collaborate with engineers and technicians to design and apply new system processes
- Examine needs on new equipment, calculate costs and help prepare budgets
- Monitor maintenance and inspection plans
- Follow written instructions in English and read blueprint/drawing specifications
- Follow PPE requirements, safety rules, work policies and procedures per verbal or written training/instructions
- Ensure a quality product is completed according to specifications at the best possible production rate
- Other duties as assigned
- A degree in Electrical Engineering
- Proven expertise as an electrical engineer
- Hands-on experience
- Knowledge of electrical manufacturing processes
- Understanding of electrical engineering codes and safety standards
- Knowledge of structural design integrity
- Prior fabrication or construction experience desired
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English effectively
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude
- Desire to “do things right the first time”
- Ability to read and interpret shop drawings and fabricate from digital/stick templates
- Ability to read a tape measure and understand dimensions
- Ability to or willingness to learn to operate tools listed above and obtain new skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- MS Project, Excel, Word, and Outlook proficiency required
- CAD experience, preferably Solid Works or AutoCAD
- Documented, excellent communication, and clarity is essential and expected
- Strong attention to detail essential
- This is a direct and full-time position with salary and benefits
- Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Xibitz offers an exceptional work environment, competitive compensation, and great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K. Take ownership of your career today!