The Estimator develops and projects costs for custom handmade branding and ionic exhibit spaces. This role reviews plans and specifications to determine the appropriate fabrication methodology; including but not limited to millwork, metal fabrication, finishing, graphic production, design, and installation. Working with internal/external team members through the estimating process to create a high-quality proposal and budgets for new and existing customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute, collaborate, and be willing to learn with our team.
- Estimate required labor and material take-offs necessary to fabricate and install permanent installations.
- Define and manage supplier pricing documents and quoting as needed by a job.
- Develop estimate strategies to ensure an effective estimate process.
- Develop high-level budgets based on conceptual design parameters.
- Develop final proposals and bids based on architectural and design parameters.
- Sequence labor steps to virtually develop a project.
- Conceptualize engineering and fabrication methods for the purpose of estimation.
- Create contract documents and proposals and scope of work language.
- Manage the review and approval process for project estimates.
- Cultivate, maintain, and manage vendor relationships.
- Create preliminary production and preproduction schedules.
- Create and track project change orders.
- Manage multiple estimating projects on different timelines.
- Manage projects of various levels of complexity and scope.
- Provide ongoing support after the project is sold through the design, development, and fabrication phases.
- Ability to occasionally travel to attend pre-bid meetings and site visits.
Leadership and Team Requirements
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Collaborate with and support design and project management to establish effective project goals and roadmaps.
- Collaborate and consult with internal and external team members to formulate estimates and support project success.
- As a team-based company, you will need to empathize, engage, collaborate and provide costing expertise on the team.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to minimize financial risk.
- Be able to manage workload and meet deadlines for assigned work.
- A humbly confident team member whose experiences will expand the team and who is eager to learn new skills and techniques in a custom handmade manufacturing setting.
Job Requirements and Skill Sets:
- Education: High School Diploma/GED or higher with a preference for Construction Management and/or Cost estimating equivalent work experience
- Experience: 4+ years of estimating experience in general construction cost estimating, custom millwork or museum fabrication on multi-million-dollar projects and smaller.
- Required Technical Skills
- Must have basic knowledge of construction and millwork
- Must be computer literate and trained in MS Excel, MS Project, Word, Outlook, and virtual conference programs.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, architectural plans, design documents, and specification documents
- Must be able to read and interpret RFQ and RFP documents and contractual requirements for bid work
- Understanding and experience with DBE subcontractor requirements
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Recommended Skills
- Experience with metal fabrication and welding.
- Experience with LED and low voltage lighting and control systems
- Experience with audiovisual integration
- Experience with AutoCAD or 3D Modeling programs like Solidworks
- Build and construction experience in either the field or a shop setting
Job Type: Full-Time Salary
- Paid Time off
- Health Insurance
- HSA with employer funding
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance